MuZo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rolling Stones - Shine A Light - CD Review

Go down

The Rolling Stones - Shine A Light - CD Review Empty The Rolling Stones - Shine A Light - CD Review

Post  joey124 Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:28 pm

The Rolling Stones new album, ‘Shine A Light’, to be released by Universal Music / Polydor on April 14th. The album is from the Martin Scorsese-directed concert film SHINE A LIGHT.

From the unmistakeable opening riff of ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’ to the classic sounds of Tumbling Dice, Sympathy For The Devil, All Down The Line and Start Me Up plus some unusual gems from the Stones catalogue - ‘You Got The Silver’ and ‘Faraway Eyes’ - ‘Shine A Light’ will also Include three stunning collaborations - with blues legend Buddy Guy on ‘Champagne and Reefer’, Jack White from White Stripes on ‘Loving Cup’ while Christina Aguilera duets with Mick Jagger on ‘Live With Me’.

‘Shine A Light’ will be released on double CD worldwide .
‘Shine a Light’ is a 22 track Rolling Stones live double album recorded during two memorable nights at New York’s Beacon Theatre in 2006. Produced by The Glimmer Twins and mixed by Bob Clearmountain

Martin Scorsese’s SHINE A LIGHT film recently kick-started the Berlin Film Festival to widespread critical acclaim and receives its New York premiere on March 30 and European premiere in London on 2 April. UK Cinemagoers will have the chance to experience a Stones concert as never before - as the fifth member of the band, from the front row and from behind the scenes.

No stranger to rock concert films, Scorsese filmed the Stones over a two-day period at the Beacon Theatre in New York City. With performances from Buddy Guy, Jack White of the White Stripes and Christina Aguilera, and integrated with rarely seen archival footage, SHINE A LIGHT is a unique cinema experience. Twentieth Century Fox will take the ultimate Rolling Stones concert film SHINE A LIGHT from Oscar- winning director Martin Scorsese to over 100 cinemas in the UK on 2 April via satellite link for simultaneous premieres alongside the London Leicester Square opening

The feature film SHINE A LIGHT, directed by Martin Scorsese, is on UK national cinema release from 11 April 2008.

The Rolling Stones - Shine A Light (Disc 1)
1 Jumping Jack Flash The Rolling Stones
2 Shattered The Rolling Stones
3 She Was Hot The Rolling Stones
4 All Down The Line The Rolling Stones
5 Loving Cup The Rolling Stones, Jack White
6 As Tears Go By The Rolling Stones
7 Some Girls The Rolling Stones
8 Just My Imagination The Rolling Stones
9 Faraway Eyes The Rolling Stones
10 Champagne & Reefer The Rolling Stones, Buddy Guy
11 Tumbling Dice The Rolling Stones
12 Band Introductions The Rolling Stones
13 You Got The Silver The Rolling Stones
14 Connection The Rolling Stones

The Rolling Stones - Shine A Light (Disc 2)
1 Martin Scorsese Intro The Rolling Stones
2 Sympathy For The Devil The Rolling Stones
3 Live With Me The Rolling Stones, Christina Aguilera
4 Start Me Up The Rolling Stones
5 Brown Sugar The Rolling Stones
6 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction The Rolling Stones
7 Paint It Black The Rolling Stones
8 Little T&A The Rolling Stones
9 I'm Free The Rolling Stones
10 Shine A Light The Rolling Stones
joey124
joey124